Re: Awesome new Mozilla roadmap!

As another usually silent member of the mailing lists,
I have a few comments:

--- Ali Akcaagac <aliakc web de> wrote:
<snip>

> I'm not entirely sure if you get anything at all.
> But you should read your own
> comment before pressing the 'send button'. I don't
> even know if I should take
> your reply serious at all, specially the way it was
> written.

Ali, you are being insulting here.  Insulting people
will not help them listen to you: you will alienate
them and cause them to ignore you.

<snip>

> Did you read the *private* in my previous writing. I
> don't want to lose
> confidence of the people who wrote to me so sorry.
> But now while we are at
> it, let me offer you something.

<snip>

Again, you are being insulting.  See my prior comment.

> Let's open a new mailinglist named however you like
> and have it used as
> serious place for such kind of feedback where your
> own people (not
> necessarily the people outside) finally come up with
> their concerns and write
> what they like and what they don't like. Not the
> normal 'yes' saying way as
> it happens here for the past couple of years.
> Strangely is that whenever I
> exchange lines with people they wholeheartly agree
> with me or I agree with
> them. Read the 2 examples (Links) above but I'm
> quite sure you find excuses
> for them too.

Thomas specifically said that there were good points
to your emails.  He also said that the rather
inflammatory language in those emails make it
difficult to take those points seriously.  By the way,
calling everyone who disagrees with you on this list a
"yes man" makes you look juvenile.  People will be
less likely to take you seriously, and you do harm to
your own cause (see also the comments about insulting
language above).

<snip>

> Know what and again a fair public reply to you, and
> my apologizes to those who
> may find it insulting. That's a common mistake: a)
> ignoring feedback, b)
> ignoring people, c) thinking to dominate the world
> with a poorly written
> desktop and still beliving that this poorly written
> desktop is exactly the
> right one for business and customers and d) calling
> all sorts of people and
> all sorts of places to be TROLL just because they
> have a different opinion
> than you.

Ok, a few key phrases leap out at me here: "poorly
written desktop" and "dominate the world."  Please
step back for just one moment and reread those
statements: they are trollish.  Those phrases are
gross, gross overgeneralizations and insulting to the
entire project (no matter how much you say later that
you respect the developers).  You are indeed being a
TROLL: not because you are saying things that people
disagree with but because of the *way* you are saying
them.

Ok, I've fed the troll long enough.  Ali, if you feel
that GNOME is so bad, please stop trolling the list
and happily use KDE.  Best of luck to you.  If you are
serious about improving GNOME, however, you have to
learn better communication skills.  Your writing, not
necessarily your ideas, pisses people off.

Cheers,

Andrew