Re: desktop-devel-list digest, Vol 1 #1216 - 11 msgsRe: keyboard layout

> There was some discussion of these things on d-d-l a couple of months back.
> I believe there's a new package being built (probably sf.net) that includes
> a control panel, a simpler switcher, but no GDM integration (I don't believe
> it supports user language settings, beyond choose-when-you-log-in, right?).
The gswitchit toolkit is about keyboard layout, nothing more (no gdm
integration, you are right). The applet itself these days is not much
more than indicator (well, it also tracks per-window xkb group and
per-window indicators). The keyboard layout configuration is setup on
the session startup by xkb-properties-capplet (which is also used as a
UI to configure this stuff) - so the layout is configured properly even
if your applet is not in the panel (in this case you'll not have
per-window tracking). The CVS version of gswitchit supports new exciting
xkb configuration features available in xfree 4.3.0.

Havoc, could you please have a look at gswitchit (if you are using xfree
4.3.0 I would strongly recommend you CVS) and comment what parts you
think are missing there?

TIA,

--
Sergey