Re: Awesome new Mozilla roadmap!

On Tuesday 08 April 2003 11:30, Stephan Kulow wrote:
|  On Monday 07 April 2003 22:49, Daniel Veillard wrote:
|  > On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 11:48:57PM +0400, Vadim Plessky wrote:
|  > > AFAIK, libxml2 is temporary solution for KDE (it is used together with
|  > > libxslt)
|  > > Dependency on it would be excluded from upcoming KDE versions.
|  >
|  >   Good to know, I like to be informed in advance...
|  > Coolo, can we safely ignore what seems to be a pretty stupid user
|  > of yours, or is there any sound feedback I could get on this ?
|
|  I wouldn't say stupid, but pretty uninformed, yes. Vadim said AFAIK and
|  that wasn't Far enough I'd guess :)
|
|  We won't replace libxslt dependency with another dependency and Qt
|  is not going to include XSLT support any time soon (it doesn't really make
|  sense in a toolkit anyway).

well, it *could* being changed recently, but that indeed was a plan.
I personally do not have any problem with libxml2.
I know some people do not like itslicense, but as for me, it's ok too.

|  And so far we really can't complain about the bug fixing speed for libx*
|  either. Possibly the integration of XSLT in konqueror might arise some
|  feature requests for libxslt I can imagine, but so far even this is
| theory.

If this would add value to Konqueror - than yes.
But again:
AFAIK, Apple decided to use expat for XML processing in Safari.
I hope we can cooperate with Apple here as well.
May be, Safari developers can give a hint why libxml2 was not ok for them.

--
Best Regards,

Vadim Plessky
SVG Icons * BlueSphere Icons 0.3.0 released
http://svgicons.sourceforge.net