Re: session manager help

Calum Benson wrote:

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 04:05, Havoc Pennington wrote:

- an absolutely essential feature we don't have is checking that the
  user has a panel, desktop manager, and window manager, and making
  sure they click all kinds of safety dialogs before we let them be
disabled permanently. A persistent issue seen on user mailing lists is "I lost my panel!" or worse, "I lost my window manager!"

Personally I still think a user should be able to turn off all their
panels if they want to (without having to click through any safety
alerts)... the harder piece of the puzzle is giving them an easy way to
turn them back on again without (a) resorting to the command line or (b)
losing everything that was on them before.

Maybe the UI for this is gnome-session-properties-capplet?