Re: New 2.4 modules - fontilus and themus

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 14:43, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> Murray Cumming Comneon com writes:
>
> > > From: Jonathan Blandford [mailto:jrb redhat com]
> > >
> > > It makes a lot of sense for these two modules to be folded
> > > back into the
> > > control-center,
> >
> > Do you mean there would be Fonts and Themes menu items next to the other
> > control center menu items that would just
> > open nautilus windows for fonts:// and themes:// ?
>
> Nope.  I'm just talking about moving the code there as there's a bunch
> of shared/cut-n-paste code between the three modules.

Here's the themus roadmap.

1) Fix monitoring stuff, so that you don't have to keep banging refresh
in Nautilus.
2) Bump the version number to 1.0.0 and release a "stable" version that
people can use with GD2.2.
3) Move the code into control-center.
4) Do all bugfixing in control-center; themus as a separate module will
die.

> > Does this mean that your new Themes control panel would disappear. I'd like
> > to hear how themus is better than, or adds something to, the current control
> > panel.
>
> They supplement it.  That is, the 'manage themes' button that currently
> opens nautilus in ~/.themes will instead send you to themes:///

5) Then clicking on a theme in themes:/// should open the theme manager
to edit that theme; the code's essentially there, it just needs a bit of
modification so it can be used in this way. Which I'm planning on doing
eventually.

So themus should be in the control center by GD 2.3.[1|2].

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"If we eventually have the ubercool component system - based on Bonobo, or
something else - then great, we can then proxy it over IIOP, D-BUS, SOAP,
and morse code." -- hp