Re: GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.3.0: "Mighty Atom"

On Du, 2003-04-13 at 01:01, Alan Johnson wrote:
> It seems, though, that a person'ss friends would make much more
> difference in what IM they use than the Gnome default.  Why not just
> leave it open instead of designing around any particular protocol.
The API won't be tied to any protocol, will be generic. I think Mikael
meant to have the default login / signup to be Jabber's. You'll be able
to select other protocols, but Jabber will be the default.

Gaim account setup it's good at this, but has AIM/ICQ as default.