Re: XRandR integration patch

Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> writes:

> Here is a first cut at a XRandR integration patch. The UI needs some
> polish, but it seems to work well. The control-center patch adds a capplet
> for setting the resolution and refresh rate. The gnome-session patch reads
> the settings and sets the resolution on login.

I'm not really happy with the UI.  The two option menus are pretty
sparse -- I'd prefer to see it have a list of available resolutions
since we have the space.  I also think we should save it as the default
setting by default.  Or perhaps, first time you change your resolution
on a different machine we bring up the issue.  This way, the people who
don't share home directories never have to worry about it.

Additionally, do we really need the 'confirm in 10 seconds' dialog?  It
feels somewhat clumsy to me.  How well can X ddc probe monitors these
days?  Looking around, it seems like XP has this feature, and OS/X seems
to get away without it.

> I also want to add a launcher for the capplet from the nautilus desktop
> context menu.

Sounds right, though that menu is getting a bit crowded.  Perhaps it's
time to think about cleaning it up.

Thanks,
-Jonathan