Re: at-spi versioning

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 06:45:41PM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:>
> You can pick current:revision:age to get whatever numbers you want
> on Linux and Solaris, by reverse engineering the libtool algorithm,
> but if you do that, then you will not be portable across all
> libtool platforms platforms. If you consider the GTK+ scheme too
> complex, then you should read and follow what's described in the libtool
> manual.

fwiw that's what I do for my packages, I put comments in configure.in
that summarize the libtool manual:

dnl libtool versioning for libwnck

dnl increment if the interface has additions, changes, removals.
LIBWNCK_CURRENT=9

dnl increment any time the source changes; set to
dnl  0 if you increment CURRENT
LIBWNCK_REVISION=0

dnl increment if any interfaces have been added; set to 0
dnl  if any interfaces have been removed. removal has
dnl  precedence over adding, so set to 0 if both happened.
LIBWNCK_AGE=5

AC_SUBST(LIBWNCK_CURRENT)
AC_SUBST(LIBWNCK_REVISION)
AC_SUBST(LIBWNCK_AGE)