Re: GNOME ABI review

on Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 12:33:53AM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 13:58, Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> > libglade just has GTK+ and libxml as dependencies, and libxml is
> > pretty darn portable.
>
> Out of curiosity, why can't glade use GMarkup?

There is a rough and not heavily tested patch here [1] which does
this. I created it a little while back to make libglade more practical
on handhelds where disk space is a premium ( libXML2 can be quite
large ).

IIRC, you lose non fatal warning errors and the verbose debug output
done via libXML's DOM.

  -- Matthew

[1] http://www.handhelds.org/~mallum/xpkgs/glade/