RE: 2 little politically charged characters

> What letters does Windows show?
It seems to me it shows language codes. So for both American and British it is
EN. Is this acceptable for GNOME as well? I just was not sure we should always
do things in "Windows way":)

> This is new to me. Could you explain what xfree86.xml is, and why gswitchit
> stuff will go into XFree? I guess you just want to standardize stuff and
> make it reusable.
OK. Within gswitchit project there is a module xfree86_xkb_xml which is xfree
configuration repository ("New Generation":) - localizable (using intltool) and
- what's more important - much more correct than old ones. For example, it
allows to have layout-dependent variants - which is not the case for old format
- and it provides the information about "single-choice" and "multiple-choice"
option sets.

It was added (in its final, merged form) to XFree 4.3.0 (and you can find it in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/rules) - but there is no xfree86.xml.in (so I build the
final xml file outside XFree source tree) - because we were afraid to add
dependancy on intltool to XFree. And this xml file is used by libxklavier (and
gswitchit UI) - so all the layout/option/model names are localizable.

> I doubt that that's a problem.
Well, just some unpolishness... OK, if you say it can be ignored - I ignore it:)

Sergey