RE: 2 little politically charged characters

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 05:24, Sergey V. Oudaltsov wrote:
> > What letters does Windows show?
> It seems to me it shows language codes. So for both American and British it is
> EN. Is this acceptable for GNOME as well? I just was not sure we should always
> do things in "Windows way":)

I haven't looked at gswitchit recently but it seems to me that you
aren't showing keyboard layout names, but rather keyboard group names.
If you've configured a Dvorak keyboard, there's no reason to waste
panel space on showing that.

And if you are switching between a Dvorak English layout
and a Russian layout, the interesting thing still isn't that the current
group is a Dvorak group, but that the current group is an English group.

I don't think anybody ever has a Dvorak and a Qwerty layout in their
two groups, or American and British layouts in their two groups.
You typically have layouts for different *languages*.

Regards,
						Owen