Re: gnome-xscreensaver (and some fast user switching)

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 22:20, Rob Adams wrote:
> The first problem is easy -- let the screensaver handle reauthentication
> of already-logged in users.

How?? You've selected "log in as another user" and you're looking at the
GDM login screen.  You enter your name and password into the GDM
greeter.  Only then does it know that 1) you are who you say you are and
2) you have another log in.  GDM could ask after you enter your username
and let the screensaver take care of asking for the password, but that's
ugly (Especially considering the VT switch involved).  It can, however,
turn off the screensaver the same way it turned it on...

Speaking of switching VT's, is it at all possible to make that any
faster, smoother, etc.? Between VT's running at the same resolution,
color depth, etc.?