Re: I propose gLabels for GNOME 2.6

On Thu, 2003-12-25 at 02:25, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> >IMHO gnome-office should be kept quite small, ie limited to the following
> apps
>
> gLabels is a worthy application and it does have a place in the Gnome-Office
> IMHO. I suggest you take a closer look at the app and its abilities before
> you cut it out of the cake. It is a very office-oriented app and neither
> AbiWord or Dia have its integrated functionality.

it is indeed a nice piece of software, but the goal of the GNOME Office
release is not to have as many apps as possible, but to offer a coherent
set of apps that are integrated with each other.

So, before even thinking about proposing an app for GNOME office, it'd
be much better to see, first, if that application's maintainer wants to
have it in GNOME Office; then, if that app is (or is going to be)
integrated with the other GO apps. For gLabels, it seems to me something
that can be integrated in many ways. For instance, it could use libgda
for allowing access to databases, it could have Abiword understand its
file formats, etc.

cheers