Re: 2.3 Proposed Features

Hi Calum,

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 02:33, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 17:35, Matthias Warkus wrote:
> > +++ Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 09:50:53AM +0000 +++
> > Glynn Foster e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> > > This is definitely all cool stuff - of course now is the time to
> > > seriously rethink how we do panels and the interaction and waste time in
> > > usability world....um....I guess I'm wondering if we can just kill
> > > drawers ;)
> >
> > I hope you're joking... drawers are the coolest panel feature of all
> > IMHO.
>
> If we do keep them, we should at least make more attempt to integrate
> them better... e.g. now that there's only going to be one type of panel,
> you should be able to drag panels onto other panels to turn them into
> 'drawers'[1], and you should be able to drag a drawer off a panel to
> turn it into a regular panel.

	Yeah, I'm really interested in this idea - I wrote it in such a way
that this shouldn't be too hard to do. I (or someone else) justs need to
thing about the behaviour more closely -

	e.g. how do you attach or de-attach a panel from another ? ... by
dragging it close to another panel or ? ... wouldn't that create the
potential for confusion ?

	Any chance you could mull over how it would work for a while ?

Cheers,
Mark.