Re: Drop shadow madness

Question, looking at my fancy redhat beta the XFree86 (4.3) mouse, it already has a nice drop shadow and doesnt seem to impact performance.. wouldn't this imply that X is already getting support for translucent shadows? I'm not really up to speed on X developments, but just hopefull ;-)

   -- Chris

Sean Middleditch wrote:

<snip> When XRender gets around to it, I guess.  I've seen in a few places that
XFree5 is supposedly going to have it - that's a major "yuck," yes. Some time on Google will bring find you some more information about the
situation.  If you're luckier than I was, maybe you can find some core X
developer mailing posts mentioning when a first real working
implementation is planned.  (I couldn't.)