Re: Drop shadow madness

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Sean Middleditch wrote:

> Get on google.com and search for Xrender, Keith Packard did a paper
> detailing some of the issues involved, and more clearly explains why the
> base X model sucks.

But even the XRender demo application doesn't do real transparency. From
your email, it would seem to me that the 'transparent' XRender demo should
give you Real transparency while being very slow since the proper
infrastructure is not there. Instead, the XRender demo isn't slow, but
neither is it different fomr any of the other hacks.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001