Re: gnome_url_show proposal

Please god no. _launch () should *always* launch the default
application. It should never fall back to just doing nautilus <blah>
even if the default action is to use a component. The fact that one
is able to have using a component be a default "action" is somewhat
disheartening anyway. "Actions" should be Edit, Open, Preview, etc...

Edit
  With <default app>
  With GIMP
  With GPaint
Open
  With <default app>
  With GIMP
  With GPaint
  With GThumb
  With EOG
Preview
  With GThumb Image View
  With EOG Image View

Something like this would be ideal, rather than what we have now, which
can have double-clicking a file just open that file in another view
inside of the file manager. Most people associate double-clicking a file
with opening it in the default application associated with that mime
type. It would be nice to also have a _get_default_component () which
returned the OAFIID of that component, so that it could be used by the
program asking for it, in an appropriate manner.

-- dobey