Re: Major feature that is missing in gnome

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 01:03, Michael Hoffman wrote:
> I am writing because I would really like to switch fro kde to gnome,
> however there are 2 major features missing in gnome that i would like to
> suggest.  1. a desktop button for the tool bar (like in kde it will
> allow you to send all apps to the background and show the desktop when
> you click on it again you get all your apps back in the forground just
> as they were. 2. allow desktops to have seperate images for each desktop
> if these features are already included please tell me how to get to them
> please.
> thanks and continue your great work!

desktop-devel-list is for development discussion; in future please post
your questions to gnome-list gnome org

A "Show desktop" button will be in GNOME 2.2 (it's currently in CVS).

--
Andrew <andrew sobala net>         ~~  IRC: aes @ irc.gnome.org
http://www.penguins-of-fire.co.uk  ~~  http://www.advogato.org/person/aes