Re: default panel configuration

Okay.  This way one could choose which icons you do or do not want.
That makes sense as a person who understands what applets do for me.
I'm assuming this behavior will be an option somewheree as well.

As a slight digression we should minimize, as a goal, the number of
questions the desktop puts to the users.  I had the opportunity to
watch my family interact with their computer over Christmas break
and I find that any kind of question even familiar ones are greeted
with fear.  Fear that they would answer the question wrong and
mess up their desktop.  You'd think that they were taking an exam
with the amount of care they put into the question.  (Disclaimer:
I haven't read any of the HIG papers , this is maybe obvious. ;-)

Obviously in this instance, the above probably doesn't apply as
it's an feature for advanced features but it seems simpler to
remove the notification applet if you don't want notification than
to add a set of gui stuff to interact with the user to manage your
notification area.  *shrug*

Just my two cents.

sri