Re: Major feature that is missing in gnome

I haven't tested the new button yet but the CTRL-ALT-D behaviour is not
perfect. Just try this out:

-Open Mozilla, Evolution and XMMS for example.
-Minimize XMMS
-> Moz and Evo are visible
-Press CTRL-ALT-D
-> No window is visible
-click on XMMS in the taskbar
-> Moz,Evo and XMMS are visible. The correct behaviour would be to have
only XMMS visible.

Is it the same with the show desktop applet ?

Le mar 07/01/2003 à 16:23, Jeff Waugh a écrit :
> <quote who="Rodney Dawes">
>
> > How about make it behave like it does in windows, and I presume in
KDE
> > also, and have it be a button like the launchers, that shows the
desktop
> > the first time you you click it, and restores the windows the second
time
> > you click it?
>
> That's what it does now, with two minimal differences: our launchers
are not
> buttons, and the 'show desktop' button is implemented as a toggle
button
> (which I think is a bloody useful thing, too - knowing which state
you're in
> from the button is great).
>
> > I'm guessing the behavior is also incomplete in the current version
and
> > doesn't handle changing window states between on/off toggles, though
> > could be wrong.
>
> I don't grok. The button works 'as advertised'.
>
> - Jeff
>
> --
>    It makes perfect sense. If you're a narcissistic arsehole spawned
from
>                             a curdled gene
pool.