sodipodi

On arriving at sodipodi in jhbuild I was greeted with this:

(snip a whole bunch of good ideas from autogen.sh output)

Please run 'automake m4/Makefile' to create m4/Makefile.in

Please run 'aclocal -I m4' to regenerate the aclocal.m4 file.
You need aclocal from GNU automake 1.5 (or newer) to do this.
Then run 'autoconf' to regenerate the configure file.

You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

You might also want to copy the convenience header file gettext.h
from the /usr/share/gettext directory into your package.
It is a wrapper around <libintl.h> that implements the configure
--disable-nls
option.

Press Return to acknowledge the previous four paragraphs.

It is my belief that autogen.sh should be completely uninteractive and not
wait for keyboard input.  Especially in jhbuild, this is just lethal.
Imagine how long it would take you to actually get a full jhbuild done if
you had to press Enter a few times for every module.

Does anyone know why sodipodi, and possibly others, do this ? Is it a good
or bad idea to do so ?

Thomas

You take it in stride but still
You fall as you're walking
Big sky above me a river inside me and I'm
Doubled up in love
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->