Re: "Encoding" key in the desktop entries

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 07:03:52PM -0500, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> The spec also states that the Encoding field is required.  We should at
> least be good citizens and include it.

In Red Hat Linux 8 we kind of cheated and ran all the .desktop files
through desktop-file-install, which fixes the Encoding field among
other things.

For GNOME 2.4, why don't we make the intltool .desktop rule run
desktop-file-validate and fail the build if it doesn't pass.

Havoc