Re: Mass fixing of desktop.in files

ons, 02.07.2003 kl. 17.01 skrev Luis Villa:
> On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 10:59, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 10:43:35AM -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> > > Sounds great to me. Can you make sure that they all have valid bugzilla
> > > information while you're at it? :) [I'm trying to find fernando's post
> > > about this, but can't right at the moment, for some reason- I may have
> > > accidentally deleted it. :/
> >
> > Hmm. In gtetrinet we have three entries:
> >
> > X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Bugzilla=GNOME
> > X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Product=gtetrinet
> > X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Component=general
> >
> > Do I need more, less, or is this the exact way of doing it?
>
> That is the correct way of doing it; Fernando posted patches for every
> .desktop file but did not commit them all. It should be in the d-d-l
> archives but like I said I can't find it right now. :/

Here's the run from my install with the latest desktop-file-validate
from freedesktop.org

[kmaraas km desktop-file-utils]$ for file in `find /gnome/head/INSTALL/share -name *.desktop`; do desktop-file-validate $file ; done
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/epiphany.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 20: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/devhelp.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 28: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnect.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 34: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnomine.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 33: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/same-gnome.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 33: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/mahjongg.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 37: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gtali.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 35: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnobots2.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 30: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnome-stones.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 33: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gataxx.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 35: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnotravex.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 30: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnotski.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 35: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnibbles.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 37: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/glines.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 36: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/iagno.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 39: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/freecell.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 36: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnometris.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 37: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/xbill.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 34: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/sol.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 38: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gconf-editor.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 43: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/ggv.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 38: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnome-system-monitor.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 40: Invalid characters in locale name
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gimp-1.3.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gimp-1.3.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gedit.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 42: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnome-system-log.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 36: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnome-character-map.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 42: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnome-calculator.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 41: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnome-search-tool.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 41: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnome-dictionary.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 42: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gfloppy.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 39: Invalid characters in locale name
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/rhythmbox.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/rhythmbox.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/rhythmbox.desktop contains unknown key StartupNotify, extensions to the spec should use keys starting with "X-".
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/memprof.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/memprof.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/yelp.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 49: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/bug-buddy.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 42: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/nautilus.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 40: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnome-terminal.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 41: Invalid characters in locale name
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/glade-2.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/glade-2.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gdmsetup.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 42: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gdmflexiserver.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 44: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gdmflexiserver-xnest.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 37: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/vumeter.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 35: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/reclevel.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 35: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnome-volume-control.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 38: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnome-cd.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 42: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnome-sound-recorder.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 36: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/eog.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 42: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/file-roller.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 40: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/network-scheme.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 39: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/GnomeICU.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 30: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/totem.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 27: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gcm.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 3: Empty key name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/evolution.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 29: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gthumb.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 18: Invalid characters in locale name
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/anjuta2.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/anjuta2.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/anjuta2.desktop, key Categories is a list of strings and must end in a semicolon.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/anjuta2.desktop contains unknown key StartupNotify, extensions to the spec should use keys starting with "X-".
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/bme.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 20: Invalid characters in locale name
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnopernicus.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnopernicus.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/gnopernicus.desktop contains unknown key StartupNotify, extensions to the spec should use keys starting with "X-".
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/glade-3.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/glade-3.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/net-rhythmbox.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/net-rhythmbox.desktop contains unknown key StartupNotify, extensions to the spec should use keys starting with "X-".
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applications/net-rhythmbox.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gnome/apps/Internet/pan.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gnome/apps/Internet/pan.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gnome/apps/Applications/gael.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gnome/apps/Applications/gael.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gnome/apps/Development/anjuta.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 24: Invalid characters in locale name
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gnome/apps/Development/gtranslator.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gnome/apps/Development/gtranslator.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gnome/wm-properties/metacity.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 35: Invalid characters in locale name
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gnome/wm-properties/Sawfish.desktop contains section Window Manager, extensions to the spec should use section names starting with "X-".
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gnome/wm-properties/Sawfish.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gnome/wm-properties/Sawfish.desktop does not contain the "Type" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gnome/wm-properties/Sawfish.desktop contains unknown key MultipleArgs, extensions to the spec should use keys starting with "X-".
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gnome/capplets/gdmphotosetup.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 42: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gnome/network/nautilus-server-connect.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 38: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gnome/network/smb.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 30: Invalid characters in locale name
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gnome/control-center-2.0/capplets/gnopernicus.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gnome/control-center-2.0/capplets/gnopernicus.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gnome/control-center-2.0/capplets/gnopernicus.desktop contains unknown key StartupNotify, extensions to the spec should use keys starting with "X-".
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/session-properties.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 43: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/gnome-panel-preferences.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 48: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/accessibility-keyboard.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 44: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/default-applications.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 40: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/font-properties.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 42: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/background.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 43: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/keyboard.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 44: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/mouse.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 42: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/sound.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 43: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/file-types.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 36: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/keybinding.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 42: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/acme.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 40: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/cddb-slave.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 40: Invalid characters in locale name
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/appearance-properties.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/appearance-properties.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/bindings-properties.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/bindings-properties.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/focus-properties.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/focus-properties.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/match-properties.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/match-properties.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/maximize-properties.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/maximize-properties.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/misc-properties.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/misc-properties.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/move-properties.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/move-properties.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/placement-properties.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/placement-properties.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/sound-properties.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/sound-properties.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/workspace-properties.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/workspace-properties.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/nautilus-file-management-properties.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 39: Invalid characters in locale name
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gimp/1.3/misc/gimp.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gimp/1.3/misc/gimp.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/nautilus/starthere.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 42: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/nautilus/starthere-link.desktop: Error in section Desktop Entry at line 43: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gdm/themes/circles/GdmGreeterTheme.desktop: Error in section GdmGreeterTheme at line 43: Invalid characters in locale name
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gdm/themes/happygnome/GdmGreeterTheme.desktop: Error in section GdmGreeterTheme at line 42: Invalid characters in locale name
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gdm/themes/falling-angel/GdmGreeterTheme.desktop contains section GdmGreeterTheme, extensions to the spec should use section names starting with "X-".
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gdm/themes/falling-angel/GdmGreeterTheme.desktop doesn't contain a desktop entry section
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gdm/themes/darkcrystal/GdmGreeterTheme.desktop contains section GdmGreeterTheme, extensions to the spec should use section names starting with "X-".
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gdm/themes/darkcrystal/GdmGreeterTheme.desktop doesn't contain a desktop entry section
Error parsing /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gdm/themes/happygnome-list/GdmGreeterTheme.desktop: Error in section GdmGreeterTheme at line 44: Invalid characters in locale name
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applnk/Applications/evolution-1.3.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Warning in file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applnk/Applications/evolution-1.3.desktop, boolean key Terminal has value 0. Boolean values should be "false" or "true", although 0 and 1 is allowed in this field for backwards compatibility.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/applnk/Applications/evolution-1.3.desktop contains unknown key StartupNotify, extensions to the spec should use keys starting with "X-".
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/mimelnk/application/x-anjuta-project.desktop does not contain the "Encoding" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
Error, file /gnome/head/INSTALL/share/mimelnk/application/x-anjuta-project.desktop does not contain the "Name" key. This is a required field for all desktop files.
[kmaraas km desktop-file-utils]$