Re: Mass fixing of desktop.in files

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 11:34:40AM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Be sure to use desktop-file-validate from CVS if you aren't, which
> should catch more errors and also allow the @Latn thing or whatever
> that was breaking the old one. Older d-f-v even had a bug that caused
> it to ignore some errors.

Debian's d-f-utils has an update from CVS. Woo, Ross :)

> Consider adding StartupNotify=true to files as well, per older threads
> on the list. ;-)

I hesitated to add it to some files. Should Nautilus have it, if it's
normally running already? In what cases shouldn't I add it? I also
didn't add it to stuff that attaches to Notification Area (acme is one
example, I think) or capplets.

Anything I should have in mind regarding StartupNotify?

I have updated quite some desktop files, addign X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Crap,
StartupNotify and Encoding where necessary, and correcting Terminal=0.
I've noticed I've missed a few in nautilus and control-center, and maybe
some other core modules I have not checked out yet. That will have to wait
till tomorrow.

*yawn*,
Jordi
jordi sindominio net     jordi debian org     http://www.sindominio.net/