Re: Large slowdowns / networking related

Hi Joshua,

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 17:29, Joshua Eichorn wrote:
> To reproduce i just added 192.168.1.1 (ip doesn't exist) as the first
> name server in my resolv.conf.  After that starting any gnome app took
> around 3 seconds longer, the same problem was not see when running xterm.
>
> The area around the slowdown when running an strace on gedit is pasted
> below.

	Sadly this is slightly too cropped ;-) we need a web link to the
previous 100 lines, or better a stack trace from gdb of a program
interrupted when it's doing this (just being lazy - I imagine it's the
ORB doing something daft).

	Thanks,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot