RE: [Setup-tool-hackers] RE: 2.4: System Tools - Please try them

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 07:52, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

> I've seen this in MacOS X and I never saw the point personally. How is it
> easier to use them if they are icons on one big window than if they are
> icons in a hierarchical menu? Also, doesn't this just encourage us to have
> lots of little control panels because we can categorise them, instead of
> having fewer sensible control panels?

Yeah, I always find the categorised MacOS control panel hard to use.
More often than not I know the name of the capplet I want to run, but
because things aren't organised alphabetically I have to hunt around for
it rather than homing in straight away.  (Luckily MacOSX gives you the
option of just listing them all alphabetically too).

Funnily enough, XP gives you the option of having all the control panels
listed on an alphabetically-ordered Start->Control Panel menu, so you
never have to open XP's control panel at all... sound familiar? :)

Cheeri,
Calum.