Re: /home/$USER in GConf...

<quote who="Jeff Waugh">

> Ouch:
>
>   $ gconftool-2 -R / | grep "/home/jdub" | wc -l
>        70
>
> As much as I hate automated bug reports, perhaps this is a good target for a
> few minutes of $RANDOM_FAVOURITE_LANGUAGE script hackage? :-) [ if we made
> the summaries consistent, they could be auto-dupe-detected somehow too... ]

Note that some of this is due to the fact that there are /home/jdub/garnome
entries throughout, for 'system' stuff.

While we wouldn't necessarily look upon /usr references as badly as we do
/home/$USER references, these are also a bit of a problem. I run GNOME from:

  ~/garnome
  ~/GARNOME
  ~/garnomey
  /usr
  /usr/local/garnome

... and other locations, depending on what I'm doing, and I wouldn't be
surprised if this is the case for big rollouts with lots of users running
different versions of GNOME from different locations (I can think of a
couple already).

Hmm.

- Jeff

         "Spend your 'different points' wisely." - Havoc Pennington