RE: Java/Bonobo and inter-orb communication [was: shipping Vera w ith 2.4]

> It's as easy as turning on ORBTTOPIPv4=1 in .orbitrc :-)

Just so people don't do that and start complaining.
1) the option is ORBIIOPIPv4=1 (I's instead of T's)
2) In RedHat 8.0 (aka GNOME 2.0) this will crash gnome-settings-daemon
at startup, rendering your GNOME session unusable (continuously failing
and restarting gsd with the dialog boxes to match)

Fortunately, the bug in 2 has been fixed and setting the option means I
can get all kinds of silly setups working.  (Say, NFS mounted home
directory shared between my workstation and an LTSP server that I log in
to.  Running apps launched from whichever one I happen to have a
terminal open on at the time.)

--
Shahms King <shahms shahms com>