RE: Java/Bonobo and inter-orb communication [was: shipping Vera w ith 2.4]

Hi Bill,

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 17:54, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Personally I want to keep lobbying for making the activation stuff
> public too, since we need to use it from Java.  Michael, what will it
> take to declare these stable?

	Well - I want to re-write the interfaces - since they're not really
appropriate for external use yet. Ultimately though people will need to
use an external helper app to bootstrap the system anyway - we should
make a much more pleasant helper to do that.

	Murray's problems with cross language implementation inheritance are
very real though - Murray - since I havn't time to sit down and
head-scratch on it, do you have any ideas as to what we can do to
improve the situation - beyond waiting for the XML stuff to be folded to
Gtk+ in Gnome 2.6 - and then re-structuring it ?

	Regards,

		Michael.