Re: Using Yelp for other documentation

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 10:00, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> > On both sites not a lot of help can be found on how to generate books,
> > but i found two python scripts in the source's /misc dir (html2funcs.py
> > & html2xml.py). I presume these are ment to convert standard gtk-doc ->
> > html generated pages?
>
> You want to check out the devhelp book format DTD and work out a way to
> transform your documentation into a .xml-file that follows the DTD.

I have written two scripts, which transform Java API documentation
(works very well) and doxygen-generated documentation (nearly works)
into .devhelp files.  It isn't that hard -- the Java API script is
available on www.burtonini.com if you want to see what I did.

> Not sure what the best way to do this is. I have no idea on the state of
> those python scripts. They were writting a long time ago and AFAIK
> haven't been maintained since.

I used them a few days ago to generate a quick book for the GConf API.
They work with a few changes -- I have some patches in my checkout of
devhelp, I'll clean them up soon.

Ross
                                      jabber: ross jabber debian net
                                    www: http://www.burtonini.com./