Re: KDE Interop [Was: D-BUS background]

Hi,

On Sun, 2003-03-09 at 14:04, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> The web browser situation is ugly. A sane, properly-supported desktop
> operating system needs to choose a single browser engine (khtml or
> gecko), if not a single browser shell. Of the options:
>
>  - Mozilla doesn't have native UI (Qt/GTK) and is too complex
>  - Galeon is too complex

I don't understand what problem people seem to be having with Galeon as
of late. I use it everyday from Debian unstable and it works great! It
also doesn't seem too complex or comlicated at all. The UI is nice and
simple, the preferences are kept to a minimum and it seems to follow the
Gnome HIG very closely. Oh, and the Nautilus view is awesome too ... if
people really want to use Nautilus as a web browser they should try it
with the Galeon view.

So, what's the problem here? Am I missing something important?

- Frank