Re: KDE Interop [Was: D-BUS background]

On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 02:15:19PM -0800, Frank Worsley wrote:

> I don't understand what problem people seem to be having with Galeon as
> of late. I use it everyday from Debian unstable and it works great! It
> also doesn't seem too complex or comlicated at all. The UI is nice and
> simple, the preferences are kept to a minimum and it seems to follow the
> Gnome HIG very closely. Oh, and the Nautilus view is awesome too ... if
> people really want to use Nautilus as a web browser they should try it
> with the Galeon view.
>
> So, what's the problem here? Am I missing something important?

I haven't actually tried recent Galeon 2, but my understanding was
that it was Marco's effort that simplified it, and that the current
Galeon 2 maintainers are planning to revert to a Galeon 1 style
browser, while Marco is continuing Epiphany which is essentially
Galeon 2 with the plan to stay simplified. i.e. Galeon 2 will continue
in the simplified form under the name Epiphany, while the thing called
Galeon will become more like old Galeon.

Havoc