Re: RandR support in GNOME

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 04:40:02PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> I'm pretty inclined to say that the *dm should handle it, I don't see
> how else we're going to avoid resizing when gnome-settings-daemon
> starts up which would look lame. Also if gdm automatically saves and
> restores your resolution, it will even work with non-GNOME. Not sure
> how hard it would be for gdm to monitor the resolution of an X server
> it's already started.

Not sure, depends on how sane the xrandr extension is.  One issue would be
how to handle the case where X settings changed and the old resolution
setting is already crap.  Also what if you logged in with GNOME and changed
the resolution there.  Then you log into something else, should it follow
what you did in GNOME?  I suppose.  Feel free to contribute this code to GDM
:)

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>