Re: [Usability]Notification Area guidelines

<quote who="Robert McMeekin">

> In just about every scenario mentioned in this thread, the notification
> area is not a useful `feature' in that it's use overlaps with what applets
> are already doing.

That's entirely correct -> the point is that the notification area serves
certain functions with a far, far better user interface than applets.

> So for your official policy--which I have *no* merit to suggest but will
> anyway--I would not rush to adopt more clutter.

I disagree - the notification area has a huge amount of potential for
squaring away a lot of clutter. :-)

- Jeff

--
    Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so cold of
                       heart as never to express it.