Re: Run dialog & gnomesu

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 18:03, MArk Finlay wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 02:03, Michael Toomim wrote:
> > Would it be possible to extend the "Run Program" dialog to have
> > "gnomesu" functionality?  I don't see why people should need to have
> > both programs.
>
> AFAIK "Getting rid of the need to ocasionally log in as root" is on
> the list of things it would be nice to do in 2.3/2.4. So using the run
> dialog like you suggested might be part of that.

Some list I don't know about (where?), or a general mental list?

Michael, if you don't want the idea to get lost, file a bug.

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"If we eventually have the ubercool component system - based on Bonobo, or
something else - then great, we can then proxy it over IIOP, D-BUS, SOAP,
and morse code." -- hp