Re: 2.4 Module List and Rationale (aka GEP10 and 11)

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 20:43, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> I'd like to propose the GNOME System Tools for 2.4, personally, I think
> that they carry out the goal of desktop integration (btw, I still have a
> couple of patches in my TODO list for improving this issue) and they are
> cross-platform (some tools don't work still in some platforms, but this
> is being fixed :-) ). any opinion?

I don't know that this is that good of an idea - most distros, which is
where users get their GNOME generally, have their own tools.

As much as I love these tools (being on a distro without their own tools
;-) putting this in the official GNOME isn't something I'd recommend.
Vendors are likely just going to ignore this part.

It would be nice to see these tools become more "official" in several
distros tho - Debian is coming to mind as one, Slackware as another.  Or
my FreeBSD laptop... ;-)

> 	Regards
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.