RE: 2.4 Proposed Modules - gpdf

>   gpdf - An xpdf-based PDF viewer.
>   http://freshmeat.net/projects/gpdf/

So this is meant in addition to ggv (already in the Desktop), right? I
believe that ggv is for viewing postscript files mostly but can also view
pdf files. Can gpdf view postscript files too? What's the deal with the
duplicated functionality?

Out of interest, what's the relationship between gpdf and xpdf. Is it a
fork?

This file-previewer thread passed me by until now:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2003-February/msg00427.htm
It seems like a good idea to me, and maybe it should be a proposed module
for 2.4. But unless something happens fast I think it's difficult to add
something that doesn't exist yet.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com