Re: gnome-themes-extras in GNOME 2.4

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 09:22:05PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 11:10:14AM +1000, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> > But please keep a eye on the ever-increasing size of some modules like
> > this one you step down the slippery slope.
>
> I think the way to do it is just like any other part of the software:
>
>  - include only themes that are high-quality
>  - include only themes that are well-maintained
>
> There are some simple quality checks that instantly kill many themes:
> do they cover most of the desktop icons; do they break on any of the
> metacity-theme-viewer tabs; etc.

Yes, that would be good criteria for a theme-extras module as well. I
would caution putting even those that meant those points in the core,
_required_ theme module. We need a few themes (the ones I mentioned in
my mail) to make GNOME "work". Anything extra is fluff, so making it
compulsory seems strange.

Malcolm

--
Save the whales. Collect the whole set.