RE: 2.4 Proposed Modules - gpdf

Hi Jason!

As you know my concern about PDF 1.4 isn't so much about the structured
info as about the relationship between the structure and the rendered
view.  Not so important for blind users perhaps (if they don't
particularly want screen review) but very important for low-vision and
some other accessibility use cases; getting this "big picture" right
will require not only good content and PDF parsers that understand these
tags, but also communications between that layer and the rendering
canvas itself.

Simplest case in point is the need for glyph bounds info on the viewing
canvas and the means to connect that info back to the structured tree.
I don't think the existing PDF canvases are smart enough for that, they
are IFAICT "write only" whiteboards that stuff gets painted onto.

It's probably a solvable problem though :-)

- Bill