RE: Seahorse re: 2.4 Proposed Modules

> From: MArk Finlay [mailto:sisob eircom net]
> Encryption is all about keys and anyone who uses it knows that.

I don't think everyone knows that, certainly not the first time they do it.
I think people would start out thinking "I want to encrypt this". The
software might then tell them that they need a key.

> I agree that the key
> manager is a
> bad
> place to go if you want to encrypt a file - nautilus is
> better suited to
> that - but that
> doesn't negate the need to manage keys.

OK, so seahorse is more about keys than encryption, but I would hope that
new GNOME modules help people to achieve fairly specific tasks. At the
least, I wouldn't like to add an encyrption/signature key manager until some
general encrypt-this/decrypt-this (likewise for signing) feature was there.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com