Re: Panel behaviour under Xinerama

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Alexander Larsson">
>
> > And handle the case where the panel is at the bottom by not extending into
> > the part that isn't visible.
> >
> > (
> > I assume this never happens:
> >  +-----+
> >  |     | +-----+
> >  |     | |     |
> >  |     | |     |
> >  +-----+ +-----+
> > )
>
> It can, because you can change the relationship between the screens. In
> fact, I used to do exactly this when I used Xinerama (with two different
> resolutions and monitor sizes) and GNOME 1.4 all the time. Reason being, I
> used a panel at the bottom which extended across the entire Xinerama
> display.

Ok. Then we should be able to detect this case and instead not have a full
panel on the top of the screen.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an otherworldly umbrella-wielding firefighter with a passion for fast
cars. She's a chain-smoking hypochondriac stripper trying to make a difference
in a man's world. They fight crime!