Re: Two questions about medusa

 > On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 23:50, snickell stanford edu wrote:

 >> Second priority is to make a plugin interface so its easy to write
 >> new indexers and search phrases... esp w/o having to muck with all
 >> the db junk.

 > I've been thinking about David C Sterratt's plugin request for PDFs
 > and I think setting up filter chains to move content from one
 > mime-type to another would work.  I like the simplicity, and a to
 > b, and I think registering them in gconf would make development and
 > installation flexible.

I agree, filter chains registered in gconf would be great.

A plugin interface for indexers sounds like a nice thing too, though
if there was one indexer that did the phrase searching and globbing,
that would suffice for me.

Another desirable (though perhaps not essential) feature of an indexer
would be regexp searching.  One nice feature that this would allow
would be the ability to do choose between accent-insesitive and
accent-sensitive searching at search time.  The namazu indexer
(http://www.namazu.org) has some code that does this already, though I
haven't fully evaluated it and I don't know how it easy it would be to
plug into medusa.

David.