Re: My (ongoing) analysis of the proposed modules

Hi,

> I think one important "feature" to keep is load time; if gedit is so
> loaded with features that it's quicker for me to open a terminal and run
> Vim, then it becomes useless.
>
> It's great now for quick editing of small files and such, when I don't
> need a full editor, and don't want to drop to a terminal.

Actually I find the starting time of gedit a bit too long.
For example gvim starts much quicker than gedit on my machines.

I don't know why this happens, but I really would like to fix this problem
and improve the gedit starting time.

Any help is welcome :-) Any suggestion about how to profile gedit starting time [1]?

BTW, adding new features does not always mean increasing loading time.
Plugins are only loaded at start time if you enable them.
However, I think the the plugins loading time is not the main cause of the slow
starting time of gedit.

Ciao,
Paolo

[1] Valgrind does not work on my machines.

--
Paolo Maggi                      E-mail: paolo DOT maggi AT polito DOT it
Dip. Automatica e Informatica    Tel.  : + 39 011 564 7078

A Bugless Program is an Abstract Theoretical Concept.