Re: SVG themes in GNOME2.4

On Sat, 2003-05-10 at 20:24, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-05-10 at 19:24, Andrew Sobala wrote:

> > > Thanks to your incredibly detailed feedback I will get right onto fixing
> > > the issues...
> >
> > Sorry.
> >
> > The extra themes go for dramatically changing the colour of widgets when
> > the mouse moves over them. This means when you move your mouse about the
> > screen it erupts in a psychodelic frenzy.
> I guess I could tone down the colours on some of the themes, on the other hand
> I kind of like the clear marking of where the focus is.
>
> > The Nuvola window border theme has got very cryptic window border
> > buttons; it's like the 1.x sawfish themes where the only way to work out
> > what was going to happen was to try it first.
> I disagree on this point. The window border is a little different from the norm
> true, but the max/min graphics do symbolize larger/smaller well in my
> view. As a sidenote I noticed that Eguenia's new Metacity theme uses
> similar symbolics for minimize/maximize.
>
> > The Nuvola icon theme is incomplete and doesn't fit with the gnome icons
> > that it falls back to.
> Yes, but this is a problem with any icon theme except the very few with
> almost 100% coverage. I will however go over the themes to check if I
> can cover some holes by making symlinks or similar. David Vignoni is
> also working hard on creating more icons for Nuvolla so expect many more
> icons to get added over the next weeks and months.
>
> > The "Home" icon in all the themes is big so it causes the "Home" icon on
> > the desktop to overlap with other icons, even if it's reasonably spaced
> > under the "Gnome" icon theme.
> Ok, I try to reduce the size of the home icons, altough I think they are
> using standard 48x48 size.
>
> > The Lush icon theme is complete in itself, but is totally different to
> > the Galaxy GTK theme that the metatheme bundles it with.
> Yes, I am working on replacing both the MCity and GTK theme used with Lush.
>
> > Bluesphere, although it doesn't come with a metatheme, is really clunky
> > and ugly.
> Well neither Lush, BlueSphere or Galaxy was actually under discussion here, just
> Nuvola and Gorilla.

Cool; I didn't know the themes were being actively worked on, I thought
this was more a question of whether to include them as they were.

(PS. To list: From now on I am trying to be less negative than I have
been in the past week. Sorry for moaning so much ;-)

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"A freudian slip is when you say one thing but you mean your mother." -- unknown