Re: [gnome-love] Modem dialup in gnome

> The dialler should provide some way of launching the configuration
> dialog. At the very least you should be able to switch profiles.

Yeah, but should be done in an easily modifyable way for
people/packagers who don't want to launch the gst tool.

> Also, the backend currently doesn't cover things I really need:
> - Dial-on-demand

Well actually if you add "demand" as a ppp option in network-admin this
works. All we need to do is add it as  a checkbox in the advanced tab to
make it more visable.

> - Connection sharing (a-la NAT)

Yeah, this would rock. In it's simplest form it's just a few firewall
rules right? We could look at how firestarter does it.

We'd also want to make this possible for dsl and isdn.

> - Connection logging. (I live in Vietnam. We have expensive timed
> connections. Also, thru most of Asia there are millions of small
> internet cafes that need an easy way of charging based on time. Embrace
> that niche baby!)

This would be part of the aformentioned dialing program I imagine.

--
		 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

        [ Gnome User's Board : www.gnomesupport.org/forums ]
    [ Public Key: http://evolvedoo.sf.net/sisobatericomdotnet.asc  ]