Re: [gnome-love] Modem dialup in gnome

> Why does everyone think that making nautilus views instead of normal
> dialogs are a good thing? All the items you list that would be done in
> the view could easily be done in a normal dialog window, with less work,
> less confusion for the user and a better UI.
>
> Seriously, nautilus is a file manager and filesystem browser, not a
> place to embed every dialog in GNOME.

I mostly agree with you, I also love to have everything in it's place, but
there is people (specially those who come from the windows world) that are
used to have all embedded in the file manager, and do not know absolutely
nothing about applets nor notification areas, and would just get stumped
with something as easy as connecting to internet. It just was a weird idea
to lower a bit more the barrier for the novice user... :-)

I'd tend more to make an applet, but that's not as intuitive

> (Note, I don't mean to jump on you personally, I've just seen this idea
> in a lot of places, and I seriosly disagree with it.)

no problem :-)

       Cheers