Re: How this all works... [was Re: 2.4 Proposed Modules - 2 weeks left]

<quote who="Gregory Leblanc">

> > Could we agree this after the imminent GNOME 2.4 new modules freeze? I don't
> > think we've failed yet.
>
> Err, isn't this 4+ weeks away yet?  According to
> http://www.gnome.org/start/2.3/, I see
>
> June 9 	Feature & API/ABI freeze
> Desktop and platform release module additions are finalised, major
> feature additions are listed. No new modules or features will be
> accepted for this release period.

> Or are you talking just about the dates that Luis put on GEP 11, which
> claim to have been pulled out of his ass?

There is some disagreement within the release team as to how long we extend
the GEP process between arse-plucked dates and the feature freeze. However,
I'm not sure why we should put decision-making reform on the backburner, if
there are good reasons to discuss it. We certainly have enough time to talk
about it before the feature freeze...

First, we need someone to say "the decision making process sucks right now
because..." and fill in the blanks, so we have some idea how to fix it (if
it needs fixing at all).

A big blank already filled in that list is "project leads must be more
involved", which I hope we can deal with over the next few weeks, if the GEP
period is extended to align well with the actual release dates.

- Jeff

   "I love 2001. Especially the beginning with the proto-humans screaming
    at each other and beating each other to death with rocks and bones.
      That very neatly encapsulates my whole concept of interpersonal
                     relationships." - Branden Robinson