Re: [gnome-love] Modem dialup in gnome

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 01:31:41PM +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 13:36, Carlos Garnacho Parro wrote:
> > * A nautilus view/URI to display all possible dial connections, with the
> > possibility to add/remove, connect/disconnect and view properties, using
> > network-admin below...
>
> Why does everyone think that making nautilus views instead of normal
> dialogs are a good thing? All the items you list that would be done in
> the view could easily be done in a normal dialog window, with less work,
> less confusion for the user and a better UI.

I'm in total agreement here.  I think sometimes the nautilus view is
over used.  Someone further in this thread said that it makes it look
like XP.  At some point, we need to distinguish ourselves from XP.

I think using notification areas and applets should be given a chance.
If anything it's a growth industry for authors to write how to use GNOME
or something.  Beginners are always needing extra help.  It's a way to
make money on the side. :-)

sri