Re: Sound Juicer for 2.4?

Ross Burton <ross burtonini com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Jeff Waugh just bullied me into proposing Sound Juicer for GNOME 2.4.
>
> It's a CD ripper with a sane UI and minimal preferences, depending on
> GStreamer to do the actual work.

How do you launch it?  Does it have a menu entry?  Should it have a menu
entry?  Could we hook it up to magicdev and/or gnome-cd?

> It does need more work before I'd consider it "ready", for example the
> musicbrainz dependency could be removed (changed to gnome-media) and it
> doesn't monitor the CD drive.

What is musicbrainz for?  If it is a necessary and stable dependency, I
suppose it's alright (though their name needz work).  It seems that
integrating this into gnome-media might make some sense anyway.

Thanks,
-Jonathan