Re: Sound Juicer for 2.4?

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 10:13, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 15:04, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> > How do you launch it?  Does it have a menu entry?  Should it have a menu
> > entry?  Could we hook it up to magicdev and/or gnome-cd?
>
> At present it has a menu entry "CD Ripper" under Sound & Video.  There
> is talk that it would be better to be integrated into gnome-cd, and
> Colin Walters has expressed interest in integrating it into Rhythmbox as
> well.

It is my sense that both/either of these would be much more appropriate
than having s-j be a standalone module in the desktop.

Sadly, I can't exactly put my finger on why I feel this way. I think it
is basically something along the lines of 'why is ripping so distinct
from other uses of a CD that it merits it's own application?' It seems
to me that either the KDE solution (look at CD in konqueror, drag the
files, *boom* you have music files) or the apple solution (open CD
player, hit rip button, *boom* you have files) both seem more
obvious/intuitive to me, no matter how clean and lightweight the s-j UI
is.

Sorry that this is so vague- I hope someone else who feels similarly can
pick up the ball and make what I'm saying more clear :)

Luis